ART SANCTUARY - Station 14; 'The Enchanted Garden' - ART AND NATURE-NATURE AND ART-IN DIALOGUE

ART INSPIRED BY AND/OR IN DIALOGUE WITH NATURE - INSPIREE PAR LA NATURE ET/OU EN DIALOGUE AVEC ELLE - KUNST GEÏNSPIREERD DOOR EN/OF IN DIALOOG MET DE NATUUR
- Encounters, Exchanges, and Creative Collaborations -
ADDRESS: Rue du Tilleul 22, (S.J.G.) Jodoigne, B-1370 Belgium - Teleph. +32 (0) 10 81 06 14 - GSM: +32 (0) 474.285.130 GSM(2) +32 (0) 493.628.540
Friday, Saturday and Sunday 13:00 - 20:00 - WELCOME TO THE NEW SEASON - BIENVENUE - WELKOM!



Wednesday 20 March 2013

Anne Notebaert; The perishable from the imperishable


Anne Notebaert:
(Belgium)
"The perishable from the imperishable life find its way into her glass; Pearls referring to the sublime, to the eternal."


"For me glass inspires, seduces, challenges and teaches.

What fascinates me most is the duality of glass. Glass can be used in unlimited ways to fashion and manufacture objects while still maintaining a very fragile nature. 


'Schelpenschotel'  
 

"I love the beautiful, the strong, the pure -  the power and strength of life. 
 - It is the loss of these qualities in human life and nature which captures me; 
This what I try to express in my work; with glass -  and with wood; 
preferably wood which has drifted for a while in the water or the sea. 
My work is about new growth; slowly from death to new life -  of transience to permanence. 
The eternal ebb and flow of the rhythm of the sea is my second inspiration."


'Zeevuur'
Nature”, the essence of all life on this earth, is to me an inexhaustible source of inspiration for the creation of glass objects. "

To see more of Anne Notebaert's work visit her site